LPi is always looking for ways to be environmentally friendly. Our goal is to deliver a quality product, superior service—and go easy on the planet, at the same time. Here are some of the steps we've taken to achieve these goals:
- We use soy-based inks when we offset-print our customers' publications. Soybean oil comes from a renewable source and soy ink is naturally low in VOCs (volatile organic compounds: chemical compounds that evaporate and react to sunlight). Using soybean ink can reduce emissions that cause air pollution.
- We changed our standard paper weight from 60# to 50#. We ran press tests at each of our centers and found we could still provide a high-quality printed product while reducing the number of trees it takes, each week, to do so.
- We recycle all of our waste paper. The printing process will always create some paper waste as we set up the presses for each print job. All of the waste paper we create is recycled—in addition to LPi recycling regular office paper.
- We have an energy awareness program in our offices. A group of employees, known as LEAST: LPi Energy Awareness & Savings Team, helps increase LPi employees' awareness of ways we can save energy every day we are in the office.
We want to help your organization with your "green efforts" as well.
- Think about how many copies of your bulletin, newsletter, or directory you receive each week. Do you throw a large stack away week-in and week-out? Let LPi know what your ideal quantity is so we can send you only that number. Remember to review this quantity seasonally.
- Do you mail out copies of your bulletin or newsletter to housebound, vacationing, or out-of-town members? If we print that bulletin or newsletter you can save yourself the time, money, and paper by encouraging members with e-mail addresses to go to www.SeekAndFind.com, subscribe to receive a weekly e-mail reminder, and download an electronic copy of your bulletin or newsletter.