As we continue to improve the WeConnect user experience, we will be performing maintenance on the WeConnect software. The details are as follows:
Why: Updating calendar feature to show three (3) upcoming events and improving how forms are submitted, repairing the capability of emailing the form to the administrator while also saving it for download.
When: Friday, May 26, 2017— maintenance starts 10:00 pm CDT.
Duration: Up to one (1) hour, maintenance to be complete by 11:00 pm CDT.
Impact: During maintenance time all WeConnect websites will be unavailable for both the WeConnect Admin and website visitors.
A vibrant online presence contributes to the success of your mission. LPi is dedicated to serving you and will take every precaution to ensure quick and high-quality software maintenance.
WeConnect will be unavailable on Friday, May 5, 2017, from 9:00 pm–10:00 pm. During this time LPi will address the issue affecting building linked images in the WeConnect Admin Panel when using Google Chrome version 58 and Firefox. After the maintenance is completed you can return to using Google Chrome and Firefox, in addition to Safari and Internet Explorer, to access the WeConnect admin panel to update or add images to you website.
We thank you for your patience as our team addresses this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.
WeConnect will be down for scheduled maintenance on Saturday, March 4 th, from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Scheduled maintenance is necessary to allow us to enhance the security we provide and we appreciate your understanding.
Notice: A scheduled system maintenance for WeConnect will occur on Friday, December 16, 2016 from 8:30 PM to 11:30 PM CDT. This is necessary to provide you the most up-to-date version of our software. We appreciate your understanding.
In a recent WeConnect update a reCaptcha was added to the form submission process. The reCaptcha is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether or not a user is a human. This reCaptcha plays an important role in keeping your website and published email addresses safe from Internet spammers. How will this affect your parishioners? Before a form can be submitted a box titled “I am not a robot” will need to be checked. When this is done the user will be able to complete and submit the form.
If you are having issues viewing and editing pages within WeConnect and are using Google Chrome please see the below steps for fix the issue.
We will be performing maintenance to our WeConnect servers at approximately 10pm CDT tonight, March 31st. We expect the WeConnect sites will be unavailable for less than one hour. We will resume service as quickly as possible. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
- In the upper right of the browser click on the Menu button and then click on Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Show Advanced Settings.
- Under the word Privacy click on the Clear browsing data… button.
- Check the boxes for Browsing History and Cached Images and Files
- Click on the Clear browsing data… button.
- Close Chrome and reopen it.
Go to Google Calendar and get the Calendar information to import to WeConnect.
- Click on the dropdown next to the calendar you want to post to your site and select Calendar Settings
- You will see a section that will say embed this calendar. There is a box of code to the right of the calendar icon. Select all the code in the box and then copy the code so you can paste it in WeConnect.
- Go to your WeConnect dashboard and navigate to the page where you want to embed your Google Calendar.
- In the page editor click on the icon to bring up the Inset Widget menu and select Google Calendar.
- Then then paste the code you copied from google buy using Ctrl+V on your keyboard in the open box. You will need to highlight and remove the word calendar right before the .google and replace it with a www so it will look like the 2nd
Highlight the word calendar
Replace Calendar with www
Then click Insert to create the calendar and then click the Save Changes button to save the calendar to the page.
Since our update to WeConnect version 1.26 on January 25th that included our new Faith theme, we have seen many churches start using this new, dynamic theme with great success. This new theme gives WeConnect users the ability to further personalize their site with a background image to make a unique look for their site.
Please take a look at some of the sites that have made the switch over to Faith.
Wishing you and your family a happy Easter from everyone here at LPi.