Updates for the 2018 New Year
We would like to start off 2018 by thanking you. Over the course of the last several months all of you have been very patient and understanding as we’ve worked through this acquisition. Your business is important to us and we are invested in making sure we support you and your parishioners.
Below is a downloadable PDF detailing what you can expect from us in the coming weeks regarding:
- Year End Statements
- Events, Capital Campaigns, Tickets
- Training and Education
Additionally, the PDF includes a letter you can send to your parishioners requesting that they log into WeShare to validate their account so that they have access to their accounts and important communications.
Download PDF here./p>
Should you have any questions or concerns about this notice, please feel free to contact us directly by calling or emailing your engagement manager or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update For Your Parishioners
LPi would like to share this great information with you again regarding your WeShare account.
WeShare aspires to provide the highest level of security to safeguard the online information of you and your parishioners.
With the migration of ParishPay financial data to WeShare we are asking your parishioners to validate their account to ensure the security of that information.
Please note their current account settings and scheduled donations will continue without validation.
- Make any adjustment to their current account, including adding donations , changing their scheduled donations or changing credit card numbers (new payment source, expires or reissues).
- Refresh their passwords.
- Provide valid email addresses to support password resets as required.
- Receive email confirmation of successful transactions or any declined transactions.
- Conform to recognized security best practices.
Validating their account online is a simple process but it does require the parishioner to know specific information about their account. Cclick ‘show more‘ under ‘Migration has Occurred‘ to access validation instructions.
We will also provide support to your parishioners at 1 (800) 950-9952 select Option 1 or email WeShare@4lpi.com. However we cannot assist them with validation if they can’t provide the requisite information.
If your parishioner does not have access to information needed to validate their account you may validate for them. Security protocols require that each parishioner be validated individually. You can do so by:
- Working with donors while they’re in the User Validation Tool to help enter the appropriate information. Click ‘show more‘ under ‘Migration has Occurred‘ to access validation instructions,
- You can also validate your parishioners within their account and send them a password reset (with a valid email address)
- Go to Manage Users within your WeShare site.
- Click on member’s name to open account.
- Click on Change Email Address if needed to add email.
- Click on Reset Password button to send temporary password
We appreciate your support with this transition and your assistance in providing the best in online security.
Migration has Occurred
The migration from ParishPay to WeShare has been completed and your new WeShare sites have been successfully created
For information security purposes, we are requiring each WeShare site administrator to complete a password reset.
The steps to complete your password reset are as follows:
To ensure you have access-you will have to re-validate your Admin account. You will need the following:
- Go to your WeShare Site*.
- Click the Login button located in the upper right corner of the page.
- Next, click on the words If you’ve forgotten your password, click here.
- Once the next screen appears, enter your Admin Email address.
- Click on the [Reset My Password] button.
Once you complete the 5 steps above, proceed to your email inbox where you will receive a system email with your temporary password. Keep in mind this is a temporary password that will only be active for 24 hours.
To access FAQs for your new WeShare application, click here.
Feel free to call in with any other questions or concerns, For a faster response, please provide us with your customer number*.
*If you do not know your WeShare site or customer number please contact your Engagement Manager or contact us at (800) 950-9952.
How to fix an Adobe Flash Player issue when I am trying to access the Administration console?
Are you the admin and you are trying to access the admin console of your website and it’s you are getting the message below?
There is a solution!
- Clear your browsers Cache
- Below are links that will take through the steps to update your browser.
- Identify the browser you are using and follow the instructions or click on the link below. These are the instructions on how you can update your browser settings.
- In the browser/address bar, enter chrome://settiings/clearbrowsing data
- A pop up window will appear. Make sure the following are checked
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Cached images and files
- From the “obliterate the following items from”: drop-down menu, you can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
- Click Clear browsing data
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser
- Type Chrome://Settings in the address bar
- At the bottom of the page click on Advanced
- Under the Privacy and Security header click on Content Settings
- Scroll until you see the little puzzle piece image labeled Flash click on it
- To the right of the word Allow click Add
- Enter this link in the Site area https://[*.]churchgiving.com:443
- click Add
- If you get an error saying it is an invalid link – make sure there is not a space at the end of the URL – hit your backspace button
- Restart your browser, and WeShare should now work just fine for you.
- From the History menu, select Clear Recent History. If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select everything.
- Next to “Details”, click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
- Click Clear Now.
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser
- Click on the following link to update your browser settings
- From the Safari menu, select Clear History and Website Data
- Select the desired time range, and then click Clear History.
- Go to Safari, Quit Safari or press Command-Q to exit the browser completely.
Safari 7 and below:
- From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari
- Select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data includes both cookies and cache.
- Go to Safari then Quit Safari or press Command-Q to exit the browser completely.
Windows IE-9 and higher
Internet 9 and higher:
- Select Tools (the gear icon), hover over Safety, and select Delete Browsing History… If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select:
- Temporary Internet files OR Temporary Internet files and website files https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-ie.html
Windows 10 Edge
- In the top right, click the Hub icon (looks like three horizontal lines).
- Click the History Icon, and then select “clear all history.”
- Select Browsing history, then Cookies and saved website data, and then Cached data and files. Click Clear.
- After the “All Clear!” message appears, exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser
Materials to Give to Your Parishioners
We want to make sure you have all the communication tools you need to let everyone know where, why, and how to give to your parish following the upcoming transition from ParishPay to WeShare online giving.
Feel free to print and distribute any of these tools on your own. If you instead would like LPi to print them, simply contact me with your desired quantities and we’ll get them printed and shipped to your parish free of charge.
- WeShare Brochure: This customized four-page brochure shows parishioners how easy it is to give to your church, answers frequently-asked questions, and shares how online giving helps grow your parish. This comes in a standard 8.5×11 inches.
- Online Giving Flyers: This flyer walks parishioners through how they can give online with WeShare in three easy steps. Place them in your bulletin, welcome packets, or hand out after Mass. This comes in a standard 8.5×11 inches.
- Online Giving Pew Card: These pew cards show existing ParishPay givers how to log in to WeShare for the first time. The reverse side walks new donors through the online giving process. Our pew card is 6.5×9 inches.
Get Your Donors Ready for the Transition
The best way to help parishioners looking to give online is to make sure that they know where and how to give. Here’s how to make sure your site is “donor friendly.” In October, your donors will be able to access your new WeShare Online Giving site after going through a security check to verify their identity. Here’s a message to place on your website and church bulletin to let your parishioners know more about the transition to WeShare online giving:
I am writing first to thank you for your participation in our parish’s online giving program. Your generous giving is appreciated by so many and helps our church thrive and reflect the Kingdom of God in our community.
To help us maintain and grow this mission, our parish is in the process of transitioning to a new online giving tool—WeShare. WeShare makes it easier than ever for you to manage your online contributions and will save our church time and money.
To make this transition as seamless as possible and to ensure our records are up-to-date, we need a few minutes of your help.
Please visit our parish website, click the ParishPay link, and log into your online giving account. Review your contact information, address, payment method, and current giving for accuracy. Make any necessary changes and that’s it.
If you run into any issues accessing your account, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-950-9952, Option One.
Thank you again for your help and for your commitment to our parish. We appreciate everything that you do for our community.
Give Your Website a Check Up
- Visit your parish website and make sure that the link to your online giving site is easy to find on your home page or top menu bar.
- Next, test the link to make sure it takes you to an online giving page with your church name in the upper-left corner.
- If your link seems hidden to you, consider moving it up your home page or on to your menu bar where parishioners can easily find it. Otherwise, you’re all set and ready to accept donations.
- If your website doesn’t have a link or the link goes to a general ParishPay page, follow the instructions below.
Create a Link to Your Online Giving Page
- Go to www.parishpay.com, scroll down, and click the Get Started button.
- Enter your parish name, city, or zip code in the text box and click Search.
- Find your church in the provided list and click the Select button next to your church name.
- Once the website opens, copy the website address (URL).
- If you already have a link, simply replace it with this copied Web address and rename the link Give Online.
- If your website currently has no link, use this copied web address to create a link and label it with the words Give Online to make it easier for parishioners to find.
- If you currently have a ParishPay online giving button on your parish website, we would recommend replacing it with a button that reads Give Online and updating the link if necessary.
If creating or replacing a button is something you need help with, contact your website administrator, or reach out to me at anytime and I would be happy to help walk you through this process.
Getting Ready for the Transition from ParishPay to WeShare
Thank you for your patience with the WeShare transition process! LPi is excited to bring you personal customer service and the enhanced features of WeShare. We’re also committed to a secure, reliable transfer of your parishioners’ sensitive data, and we’ve been working diligently to prepare for the transfer.
To help you prepare yourself and your parishioners, here are some important things to note:
- WeShare Welcome Packet: Keep an eye out for your welcome packet! It will be full of helpful resources for using WeShare and important information to share with your parishioners.
- Online Training: LPi will be holding training sessions twice a day, Monday through Friday, starting July 10th. Sign-up is already open. Just click on the registration button below to pick your time.
We are excited to continue working with you! Don’t forget to sign up for a WeShare training here.
If you have any questions or concerns about the transfer of your current ParishPay account, please give us a call at (800) 950-9952.
ParishPay to WeShare FAQs
We hope you are as excited about the transition from ParishPay to WeShare as we are. Our technology, marketing, and support Teams are all working hard to provide a smooth experience for both you and your donors. We know you have questions—we have the answers.
What do I need to do for the transition?
You do not need to do anything for the transition. Using the strictest security protocol, LPi will transfer all donor information, recurring donations, and donor payment information for you and your donors. Your donors will not need to create new accounts and there will be no interruption to your church deposits.
What is the transition timeline?
The transition will be completed in late summer. Currently we are making sure that we have all transfers set up with the highest level of security to ensure your church and parishioner information is securely transferred to the WeShare online donation platform.
Will my rates change?
Your rates will not change from what you currently pay with your ParishPay program. We value your trust and confidence in LPi and are honoring your existing ParishPay contract.
Will my reports change?
WeShare offers a more robust online giving program with many reporting options available in PDF and spreadsheet formats. These include net vs. gross donation totals and Quickbooks integration to name a few. All reports can be exported for easy import to a variety of donor management systems, include ParishSOFT, ConnectNow, PDS, Servant Keeper, and others. Training will be provided to ensure you are ready to take advantage of all the reporting WeShare has to offer you.
What should I tell my donors?
Clear communication with your parishioners is key to a successful transition. To make it easier, we have written messages for existing donors and new donors that you can use in your parish bulletin, website, or through an email. Just select the text below, copy, and paste into any communication you use for your parishioners:
Thank you for using online giving for your support of our parish. Online giving is safe, simple, and convenient. It benefits our parish by helping to streamline our administrative process and providing more accurate budgeting. Our current online giving provider, ParishPay, has been acquired by LPi. All ParishPay accounts will be transitioned to WeShare, LPi’s online giving platform, early in the fall. You do not need to do anything for this transition process. Your information will be transferred electronically following the strictest security protocol. Once the transition is complete, you will receive more information about how to log in and manage your account on WeShare.
Thank you for considering online giving for your support of our parish. Online giving is safe, simple, and convenient. It benefits our parish by helping to streamline our administrative process and providing more accurate budgeting. Please set up your online giving using the link provided on our website. Our current online giving provider, ParishPay, has been acquired by LPi. All ParishPay accounts will be transitioned to WeShare, LPi’s online giving platform, early in the fall. You do not need to do anything for this transition process. Your information will be transferred electronically following the strictest security protocol. Once the transition is complete, you will receive more information about how to log in and manage your account on WeShare.
Don’t see the answer to your question or need more help with ParishPay now? Give us a call!
M-F 7:00 am – 7:00 pm CT
Are you the ParishPay Admin?
Click the link below to confirm your ParishPay Admin. If you have any questions or need some help, contact customer support.