UPDATE #1: App – New Push Notification Features
We have upgraded the features of your WeConnect Parish App. You will now be able to see how many people received your push notifications as well as send out hyperlinks, images, and calendar appointments all within your push notifications. To accomplish this, we have moved to a new push notification provider.
Note: Only our newest version of the WeConnect Parish App is being updated.
Those who have previously downloaded the app will receive an update notice, unless they have auto-update. The app will display a message asking them to re-subscribe to groups at your church. We will default all parishioners to your General group.
To learn how to send out images and urls in your WeConnect app: Watch Video
UPDATE #2: Website – New Security Changes
WeConnect is now on https for increased website security. To take advantage of this upgrade, follow the instructions below:
- Go to your domain name registrar (examples: domains.4LPi.com, GoDaddy, Tucows, Network Solutions).
- Find the CNAME that points to www.
- Add weconnect.com. (Make sure there’s a period at the end. This may be removed by your registrar.)
- If you don’t see a CNAME that points to www, create a new entry for www as a CNAME that points to weconnect.com.
- Do not remove or change any CNAME record other than CNAME www.
- Refresh your website, and it should generate within a few minutes.
Example if you use GoDaddy:
- If you have a CNAME record like this: CNAME www @, edit that record and change @ to weconnect.com.
- If you don’t have a CNAME as above, add a new CNAME like this: CNAME www weconnect.com.
Contact your domain name registrar for assistance.
If you have any questions, please contact online services at (800) 950-9952 x2010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.